We hope your child had as much fun as we did Monday night at Kids Club. Here is a sneak peek into what we did.
We were introduced to two new characters–Winnie and Eddie.
Unfortunately they lost tonight’s challenge from the Dark Knight and one unlucky 5th Grader was tar and feathered.
At Bible Story, we learned that real faith lives differently to make a difference in a broken world. We saw this in the life of Daniel in Babylon and also discussed what this looks like in our lives today.
Bible Story Overview:
During our week together, children will learn what real faith is by examining several stories in the Book of Daniel. We will learn that real faith lives differently to make a difference in a broken world, trusts God in the face of suffering, is humble not proud, and perseveres to the end.
The people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. Daniel 11:32b (ESV)
- Daniel knew that God was the one true King and lived differently because of this.
- Real faith doesn’t blend in or hide from the people and beliefs around us; instead, real faith follows God while seeking to do good wherever we live and wherever we go.
Tonight’s Bible Story Connection: Daniel 1-2
Questions of the Night:
1. What is faith? (A lifelong trust in God as our King.)
2. What did we learn about faith tonight? (Real faith lives differently to make a difference in a broken world.)
3. Daniel’s quest was to follow God and trust Him in some very challenging circumstances. What made Daniel’s quest so difficult? (He was taken from his homeland into Babylon; He is treated like a Babylonian/given special privileges, and encouraged to forget God and what he was commanded to do as an Israelite. He was supposed to live in Babylon and do good for the city without changing his identity as someone who followed God. He was almost put to death because of King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream.)
The Quest (Daniel 11:32b) – Seeds Family Worship
The Glory of Our King – Matt Redman
Preschool Craft: Goblets
Elementary Craft: Tunics
Preschool Game: Jousting and Javelin Relay
Elementary Game: K-1st—Fire Game (Capture the Flag), 2nd-3rd—Storm the Castle, 4th-5th—Knights and Squires (Sharks and Minnows)
As you can see from the pictures below, there was also plenty of time for laughter, food, friendship, serving, dancing, worship, and fun.
We can’t wait to see you tomorrow.