Your family is invited to…
Our event is geared toward families with kids ages 3 through 5th grade, but the whole family is welcome to come.
Here are 10 reasons you might want to come…
1 . I don’t know about you, but my young kids are already brainwashed by TV shows and commercials representing the “magic of Christmas” and all that we NEED to buy and/or receive. It’s a cold hard Christmas fact in our culture that Jesus is “out” and buying and getting stuff “in”. The Family Christmas Celebration, however, is about helping your family re-discover and celebrate the real “magic of Christmas” and our true need–a long-awaited Savior who came as a baby.
2. A contest involving animal masks, noises, and yours truly on stage. Yeah, we’re crazy like that. (Seriously, I think this is going to be hilarious.)
3. It’s an easy event to invite friends to who don’t go to church. Our goal is to make it something that anyone can enjoy.
4. Claire Novak (a.k.a. Wacky Wanda and other hilariously famous skit characters from Kids Club) is doing a dramatic reading of Song of the Stars by Sally Lloyd-Jones. If you don’t know Claire, she’s brilliant on stage.
5. We’ll join in singing with all of “heaven and nature” as Scott Johnson, Candace Lawhon, and the worship team lead us in some of our favorite Christmas songs.
6. A few brief hands-on games/activities and then some yummy food. (Don’t forget to bring along a delish finger-food snack to share please.)
7. Time for you to sit by, sing with, talk to, and play with your child.
8. Time for your child to sit by, sing with, talk to, and play with you.
9. We’ve purchased a hard back book of Song of the Stars for each family who attends! This is one book you’ll come back to year after year with your family.
10. Along with the book, we’re sending you home with a Family Devotional full of easy discussion questions and activities that will help you countdown the days to Christmas. You’ll take 5-10 minutes a day to read parts of Song of the Stars or the Bible, as you prepare your hearts for the coming King.
We hope you’ll come to the Family Christmas Celebration on Wednesday, December 5 and bring friends! But, we need to know you’re coming to plan for enough supplies. Be sure to sign up at our table in the foyer on Sundays or online here through December 2.